The Ultimate: Sugar Free Caramel Sauce Recipe
Being on a keto diet does not mean that you have to go without your favorite desserts. That is the exact reason why this sugar free caramel sauce is so astonishing. This is a deliciously sweet and warm sauce to pour over your favorite treats.
Now comes the question you’re likely thinking to yourself right now – How is it possible to make caramel without sugar and low in carbohydrates? As you probably know, the traditional caramel sauce recipes are based on either pure sugar or brown sugar. With some clever substitutions of ingredients, this keto caramel recipe will definitely not disappoint you.
If you love caramel sauce and all of the Toffee variations but:
- Your previous experiences involve the awful smell of burnt sugar & a ruined saucepan
- You don’t have the time, energy or patience to stand at a stove stirring continuously
- You have health or personal reasons for choosing to remove sugar from your favorite foods
Then this is the caramel sauce recipe you’ve been looking for!
This one of a kind healthy caramel sauce requires only 4 ingredients and will take you no more than 10 minutes. This is the perfect addition to your favorite keto ice cream or a preferred pie of yours. You can use the sauce as a salad dressing too! And because it is low in carbs, sugar free and keto-free, you can indulge as often as you want.
The Ultimate: Sugar Free Caramel Sauce Recipe
- Small saucepan
- ¼ cup measuring spoon/cup
- Wooden spoon or other heat resistant stirrer
- Glass jar or sauce bottle for storage
- 4 tbsp grass fed butter
- 2 tsp monk fruit sweetener with allulose
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or unsweetened whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the butter in a small pot over low to medium heat and let it cook until it turns golden-brown.
- Pour the heavy cream and stir until mixed.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and the fruit sweetener.
- Keep stirring the caramel sauce on low heat until you reach the desired consistency.
- Calories: 95
- Fats: 12g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Total carbs: 1g
The benefits of keto caramel sauce:
It may be hard to believe, but this sweet treat could actually be good for you. With just one gram of total carbs per tablespoon and excellent potential health benefits, this sugar free caramel sauce will surely be one of your favorite dessert options.
It supports your digestive system
- Digestion and the intestinal microbiome plays a huge role in everything from your immune health to your mood and brain function. Sweets, processed foods and alcohol can be crucial for the health of the digestive system. Fortunately, you don’t have to compromise on gut health just because you want a sweet treat. This keto caramel sauce is not just sugar free – it’s good for your microbiome.
It balances your insulin blood sugar levels
- Some sources suggest that the grass-fed butter in your sauce could be beneficial for your health. It is a great source of vitamin A and vitamin K2. It could also improve your insulin sensitivity, which naturally leads to stabilizing the blood sugar levels.
It strengthens your immune health
- The monk fruit sweetener in your sauce might affect your immune system in a positive way. Eastern cultures use this fruit for centuries due to its healing features.
Where you can use the keto caramel sauce and how to store it?
This sugar free caramel sauce is the friend you need when you are on a keto diet or if you have kids and want to give them some healthy sweets. Well, you can use this sauce on almost everything you can think of. You can pour some of it on keto ice cream, pancakes, waffles, etc.
Another use of this sugar free caramel sauce is with your coffee!
You can even use it on different kinds of cakes, such as cheesecake!
It is recommended to store your caramel sauce in the refrigerator from 1 to 2 weeks but not for longer. Warm it slightly before using it to enjoy it to the fullest!
I am sure you will love this sugar free caramel sauce. It is delicious, gooey, easy to make and most importantly – extremely tasty, but healthy at the same time. Whether you are on a strict diet, or just want to enjoy sweet temptations without serious consequences, this recipe is definitely worth it!
Buying it Pre-Made
There will never be any judgement over buying store-bought sugar free caramel sauce! There isn’t always time to make your own and sometimes you just can’t be bothered and we hear you. So if you’re wanting all the goodness of sugar free caramel sauce without needing to be near your stove, check out these ready made options: